Naptan & Bus-Stops
To display NaPTAN data use the following procedure.
1) Register for free with NapTAN: Login here .
2) Once you've got access to their data base select the area you are interested in.
3) Select xml format
4) Once downloaded load into Bus-Stops.
5) Enter an img number (8 digits)
6) Choose a type number for your bus_stop ; the program's default is :0 x 0200 to ensure priority. Remember to check your points style file and use TYPWiz to check if your type is included in your TYP file.
image right - :NaPTAN : red buses, OSM:green buses
7) Click 'create img' .
8) Include this img in a gmappsupp.img to uploads to your Garmin
Note: Some OSM areas already contain NaPTAN data.